2 Year, Unlimited Mileage Warranty Explained For 50cc, 125cc, & 170cc Scooters
Things To Mention:
The Genuine Distributor warrants all parts of the scooter except those listed under the caption “What Is Not Covered" section listed below. this Warranty covers Any repairs needed to correct the manufacturer defects in materials or workmanship.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply.
How Long Is This Warranty ?
2 Years From The Purchase Date By The ORIGINAL OWNER….. No Exceptions!!!
What the customer must do !
*Scooter must be inspected by and authorized genuine dealer within 500 miles from the date of purchase! This is charged by the dealer in the form of labor….. You are responsible for any other part installed during this inspection.*
*You MUST properly use , maintain, and care for thew scooter as outlined in the Genuine Owner's Manual.*
*You MUST maintain a record of the scooter's required periodic service and inspections.*
*You will be required to provide this documentation upon request for all warranty claims.*
*Periodic service and inspections are considered regular maintenance and are not reimbursable.*
What authorized genuine dealers must do
Warranty repairs will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor. Any parts replacement will be made with brand new genuine scooter company oem part.Any implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose shall be limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights.
Genuine does not authorize any person to create any other warranty, obligation, or liability in connection with their scooter.
**So this means that any additional coverage you purchased, is between you and that person or business.**
What is not covered !!!!!
- Any damage to the scooter from failure to follow Genuine's break in requirements and/or negligence of the periodic maintenance schedule outlined in your Owner's Manual.
- Consumable/Wearable Replacement Parts.
- Any damage resulting from use of NON-Genuine Parts, Accessories, fuel, lubricants, cleaning proud its, or fluids not specified/approved by Genuine.
- Any damage resulting from repair, adjustment, or maintenance performed by any other person other than a Genuine Distributor or Dealer. (Joey Moped isn't looking out for you.)
- Any damage by methods not specified by Genuine. (*You start messing with a perfectly great ride and you'll lose this warranty.*)
- Any damage from Racing, Rally, or Operation of the scooter in which h it wasn't designed for.
- Any OVERLOAD Damage done to the scooter. (Carrying Concrete isn't allowed.)
- Any damage done to the scooter while being used commercially. Warranty will be void if you rent the scooter , use as a commercial vehicle, or use for Delivery services.
- Any damage resulting from the installation of performance/Aftermarket parts. (Make sure the Dealer is going to honor the warranty before parts are installed.)
- Damage by Time, Nature, Natural Disasters (Fire, Water, Wind), or ANY other considered an “Act of God." This INCLUDES Bubbling, Fading, Oxidizing, Chipping, Cracking, Peeling, Tearing, Rust, Corrosion, & other Forms of Deterioration.
- Any Engine Noise, Vibration, Rattling, or Seepages that DOESN'T Affect performance.
- Any damage due to improper driving, storage, parking, towing, or transportation.
- Any damage by Theft, Collision, or unavoidable disaster.
- Any damage done by Oil, Smoke, Bird Droppings, salt air, sea breeze, or magic tricks.
- Batteries are only covered for 1 (one) month !!!!!
- Genuine does not cover rental costs , loss of pay, loss of business, hotels, meals, drinks, or vacation costs either.
Parts not covered under this warranty
- Brake Pads
- Brake Shoes
- Spark Plug
- Battery (1 Month Warranty)
- Drive Belt
- Variator Guides
- Transmission Parts
- Fuel Filter
- Air Filter
- Light Bulbs
*Removal of the catalytic converter WILL VOID this warranty*